[Mailman-Users] how to hide email address, but show name?

Charles Uibel cuibel at comcast.net
Tue Aug 17 05:55:31 CEST 2004

Hi,

Confused as heck, but how as an administrator of the list,  can I hide email
address, but show the sender’s name?

We don’t want to broadcast the sender’s email address, but this leaves us in
the distasteful position of not knowing who the email is coming from.

Example: “Hi, there was a break-in near my house yesterday. Please send more
security. I am seventy-two years old. I don’t understand this mailing list.”

Everyone on the list wonders, “Who sent this? What is the person’s name? The
email address is, of course, private.”

This forces us to add a header to the messages saying “Don’t forget to add
your name”.

This header comes through (sometimes) as an attachment.

This is awkward for everyone.

This goes round and round.

Help,

Thank you very much.