[Mailman-Users] File attachement problems after install Mailman

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Aug 17 18:20:37 CEST 2004

Mailing Caranta wrote:

>I have a problem that appeared just after installing Mailman.
>
>I have a cron job that sends a picture every day to some of my users.
>To do this I use :
>
>cat picture.jpg |uuencode picture.jpg|mail user at domain.com

Piping the file into uuencode with cat is an unnecessary step; you
could just do

 uuencode picture.jpg picture.jpg|mail user at domain.com

but this has nothing to do with your problem.

>I used to work perfectly, but now, the received mail hasn't the image
>attached to it.
>Instead of this, the mail has in plain text (as body) the Uuencoded file
>(Begin ----, etc, etc)

It is highly unlikely that this has anything to do with Mailman.

The received mail you describe is exactly what a mail message
containing a uuencoded file normally looks like. Whether you see the
uuencoded file as "raw text" or as an attachment depends on the MUA
that you use to view the mail.