[Mailman-Users] Re: How to respond to FAQs

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Aug 17 07:34:42 CEST 2004

    Robert> Stephen, I think what you call "Newbie rudeness" is NOT
    Robert> ignorance of the mores. It is simply not yet knowing the
    Robert> resources.

If you like.  But that implies ignorance of the mores, as I understand
them.  The FAQ and list archive impose reciprocal obligations: on the
maintainers, to provide them, and on the users, to _find_ and use them.

As for calling it "newbie rudeness", maybe there's a better term.  But
the psychological impact on a FAQmeister is similar to rudeness, and
"sometimes" counting to ten, as PeteBell suggests, is not an answer.
Pete's own post signled out a form post that often appears several
times in a single day.  "Counting to ten" several times a day, every
day, is not "common courtesy", it's "job stress".  And the FAQmeister,
not being paid, is not eligible for workman's comp.<0.5 wink>