[Mailman-Users] need original HTML for public pages | subscribe email not working

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Aug 13 17:42:25 CEST 2004

At 4:25 AM -0400 2004-08-13, Maria - Bohemian Sunrise wrote:

>  Also - my subscribe email doesn't seem to be working...any ideas? This is
>  the error message I get returned to me, from the address I attempted to
>  subscribe:
>  <subscribe-bosudates at lists.bohemiansunrise.com>: host
>
>  lists.bohemiansunrise.com[66.33.216.120] said: 550
>
>  <subscribe-bosudates at lists.bohemiansunrise.com>: User unknown

	Looks like the machine doesn't know that another name for itself
is lists.bohemiansunrise.com.  This is an MTA configuration issue,
although it could also be a problem with this name being a CNAME
alias in the DNS pointing to a different name, which is not allowed.

	In any event, this sounds like an MTA problem and one you'd be
more likely to resolve by contacting a mailing list or newsgroup that
is specific to your MTA.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755