[Mailman-Users] Character problems..

Jim Tittsler jwt at OnJapan.net
Fri Aug 13 02:42:04 CEST 2004

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 11:23:34PM +0200, Anders Norrbring wrote:
> I guess that the problem is in the way Mailman and Apache interprets what I
> enter in the welcome_msg text entry box in the Mailman Admin page, after
> all, this is a web page, and hence entered characters are converted
> somewhere to their html complaint sets, i.e. ? turns to ä
>
> Is there some way to manually change these values? Perhaps via config_list
> dump, edit and reload?

You could try using bin/withlist to set the value of the welcome_msg
string.  As the mailman user:

$ bin/withlist -l mylist
>>> print m.welcome_msg

>>> m.welcome_msg = '''This is the new welcome text
... that will be prepended to the message sent to
... new subscribers.'''
>>> m.Save()
>>> {ctrl-d}

But I am suspicious that the encoding might be occurring on the
way out rather than the way in.  Please try.  :-)

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/