[Mailman-Users] problem getting mailman working with courier + LDAP

Russell Premont rpremont at intellistar.net
Thu Aug 12 19:01:14 CEST 2004

	I have a Solaris 9 sparc box running Courier for pop3 and LDAP being used
as the authentication method. I have installed Python 2.3.4 and MailMan
2.1.5. I have modified the install for MailMan from usr/local to /home but
other than that everything else is the default installation.

	The issue I am having is that all mail that gets sent to any of the mail
list addresses gets deferred. If I go to the web interface and subscribe
there it works fine. I get the request sent to me but I cannot respond via
email or it gets deferred, but I can login via the web interface and approve
the subscribe request. If I then try to send an email to the list it also
gets deferred. What have I missed or done wrong?

Thank You