[Mailman-Users] BIG discard problem

Robert Echlin rechlin at ca.stilo.com
Thu Aug 12 15:36:15 CEST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen at xemacs.org>
To: "Robert Echlin" <rechlin at ca.stilo.com>
Cc: <mailman-users at python.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2004 3:37 AM
Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users] BIG discard problem

Thanks, Stephen

That looks like an interesting solution. I'll make a note of it for next
time.

The docs describe how to start "withlist", but I think I would have to learn
the internals of the Python code pretty thoroughly to be able to reproduce
this from scratch.

Is "m" a standard variable automagically defined by withlist to be the mail
list mentioned on the python command line?
Is mm_cfg.DISCARD a function that HandleRequest is expecting to call to do
the real work, or a constant that tells HandleRequest which of several
predefined tasks it should do?
What's going on in the ...? And what will it prompt me with that I need to
hit <return>?

I also think this answers one of my previous questions - it would have been
useful to ask the developers list. As you suggest, writing a one line loop
of Python code would be the standard solution there.

Is there any other place where this "standard" solution would be found?

Robert