[Mailman-Users] BIG discard problem

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Thu Aug 12 00:32:40 CEST 2004

At 3:21 PM -0400 2004-08-11, David Relson wrote:

>  Remember "deferred" is the default.  I bet that selecting that checkbox
>  justs adds a simple key/value pair like "all=yes" to the cgi request.
>  The origin of the "discard all deferred items" (or whatever the wording
>  is) can likely be found with:
>
>     egrep -i -r -w "all.*defer" /usr/lib/mailman/

	Keep in mind that this will bomb out with 20,000 files in a given
directory, just like all other uses of wildcards passed to the shell.
You need to escape the wildcard and pass things through a "find ... |
xargs" command line, as I demonstrated earlier.

	If you meant to quote the wildcard and protect it from evaluation
by the shell, you need to use single quotes and not double quotes.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755