[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1.5 - Customize Look and Feel

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Wed Aug 11 13:56:23 CEST 2004

At 12:34 PM +0100 2004-08-11, PeteBell wrote:

>  I read the replies with interest.  As I do NOT have any access to the
>  config files for the copy of Mailman which I use (because Mailman is a
>  single copy shared across all the domains on the server where I have my
>  site hosted),

	That's a typical method of installing Mailman.

>                I wondered about getting my own copy and installing it so
>  that I could make changes.  However, I am a simple Apple Mac user (used
>  to having everything easy and intuitive).

	Note that Apple provides their own customized version of Mailman
with MacOS X 10.3 Server, and that a number of people have created
pages with extensive information on how they have installed Mailman
on MacOS X "Jaguar" and "Panther" (non-Server).

	See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.021.htp>
for more information.

>  I would have to understand "python" code before I could do anything,
>  would I? (Up untila few minutes ago, I had never even heard of it)!

	If you wanted to do extensive customization of the "look and
feel" of Mailman, yes.

>  Looks like customising Mailman to look like it's part of your own
>  site is beyond most people? Yes?

	Most people don't even bother to edit the public HTML templates
through the existing facilities provided by Mailman.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755