[Mailman-Users] BIG discard problem

Eric Schmitz eschmitz at webbalah.net
Wed Aug 11 01:22:06 CEST 2004

Robert,

    This is probably a really dirty way to go about it, but I've done
this before and it worked, and without hosing the system. This worked
with version 2.1.2. I haven't tried it with 2.1.5, because there's a
"discard all marked defer" option, and I haven't let the queue stack up.
But I've killed over 4000 held messages at a shot by doing this with 2.1.2.

    Go to the mailman/data directory, and delete all
heldmsg-yourlistname-*.pck files. Then go to your admindb page. You'll
probably still see the listing of all the thousands of held messages.
Click "submit all data", and they should disappear.

    *Use at your own risk*! This feels like something of a hack to me,
but you seem a little desperate. ;-)

-Eric Schmitz