[Mailman-Users] Migrating lists

Jason Dixon jason at dixongroup.net
Sat Aug 7 18:08:51 CEST 2004

I have a number of mailman lists that I'm attempting to migrate from an
older OpenBSD server running Mailman 2.1.2 to a new RHEL server running
Mailman 2.1.5.  I built the new version from source, setting the
mail-gid (postfix) and cgi-gid (apache) accordingly.  I then copied
over everything in /var/spool/mailman and set permissions for mailman
ownership.

Unfortunately, it appears that the mailing lists will need additional
manipulation to get them working properly.  I'm seeing the following
errors when sending test mails to a list:

Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; Command died with status 2:
     "/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post hatchet-users". Command
output: Group
     mismatch error.  Mailman expected the mail wrapper script to be
executed as
     group "postfix", but the system's mail server executed the mail
script as
     group "nobody".  Try tweaking the mail server to run the script as
group
     "postfix", or re-run configure,  providing the command line option
     `--with-mail-gid=nobody'.

What can I do to resolve this?  Do I need to manually dump/restore list
configurations from the old server (if so, how)?

Thanks in advance,

--
Jason Dixon, RHCE
DixonGroup Consulting