[Mailman-Users] Soooooo sloooooow

John Price jp_mailman at gcfl.net
Wed Aug 4 05:30:42 CEST 2004

I'm running Mailman 2.1.4 on a 1GHz machine with 1.5G RAM.
I have a list that has about 60K members, and all
interaction with mailman is very slow when there is no
load on the machine, and SUPER slow when there is load.

What's further perplexing is that even the main page for
the list is slow (before you login).  I can understand the
interface being slow when it is looking up a user in the
list, but to display the top page before it knows what
user is interacting boogles my mind.

Does the program read in the entire mailing list everytime
it output a web page?

Even with 60K users, why does it take so long?

You are welcome to test it out.  I would love to get this
fixed or at least improved. Overall I'm pretty happy with
Mailman.