[Mailman-Users] No welcome mail

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Wed Apr 28 22:31:36 CEST 2004

I usually subscribe members to our announce-only lists via web interface
and don't send them a welcome notice. But today I did and found that
nothing gets sent. Unsubscription sends an unsubscribe confirmation to the
member and I also get my list-admin notice when I tick it. But no welcome
mail for the new member. No problems in the logs, there's simply no
attempt to produce the message as far as I can see.
Could this be a problem with 2.1.5rc2? I don't remember if I ever tried it
with 2.1.4.

While checking the logs I found actions getting logged like

new "email at address" <>, admin mass sub

which implies it should normally (when I add names as well) look like

"name" <email at address>

operation is ok, but I wonder why it does log this way and not f.i.

"" <email at address>

Kai

--

Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany