[Mailman-Users] RE: How does Mailman compare with YahooGroups?

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Wed Apr 28 03:23:10 CEST 2004

At 5:48 PM -0700 2004/04/27, prodos at prodos.com wrote:

>>  It does not have a built in archive
>>  search, but one that far exceeds Yahoo's can be easily added.
>
>  Do you (or other mailman-users members) know where I can
>  find the "patch" for that please?

	See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.011.htp>
and
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.008.htp>.

>>  HTML is not well supported.
>
>  Okay.

	I wouldn't say that "HTML is not well supported".  The built-in
pipermail archiver isn't so great with HTML, but this can be
remedied.  Mailman itself does a pretty reasonable job with regards
to the messages as they are actually sent out, considering just how
difficult various programs make this process.

	I would encourage you to search the archives for more details on
this subject.

	Out of curiosity, do you remember the original ProDOS?  Apple ]I[?