[Mailman-Users] Correct Terminology for Mailman

Brendan Chard chardlist at chard.net
Tue Apr 27 22:55:37 CEST 2004

It seems that a lot of terms are floating around out there that all mean (in
some fashion) an electronic mailing list that allows member communication.
My question pertains to the word "listserv".  Is it ok to refer to a list on
a mailman server as a "listserv"?  I know there is a mailing list server
product out there called LISTSERV, but has it gotten to the point that say
the word "Kleenex" has?  What are quick one or two word descriptors that
folks are using to refer to their mailman lists?

Thanks,
-Brendan
brendan at chard.net