[Mailman-Users] Automatic Discard

Tim Faircloth tpf at canes.gsw.edu
Tue Apr 27 16:30:55 CEST 2004

At 03:19 AM 4/26/2004, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm a happy Mailman user (2.0.11); unfortunately, in these days there's a
>lot of spam attacks to our list.
>
>Is there a way to automatically discard messages posted by non-members? I'm
>tyred to discard them manually using the web interface.

on the web interface, go to "Privacy options..." / "Sender Filters".  At
the bottom of the page there's a setting that says "Action to take for
postings from non-members for which no explicit action is defined".  Set it
to "Discard"  You'll probably also want to set the option below it to "No"
so your administrator/moderator doesn't get spammed.

/tim
--
Tim Faircloth, System Administrator
GSW OIIT