[Mailman-Users] RE: Footer isn't At the Bottom of the E-mail; It's an Attachment

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Mon Apr 26 20:22:32 CEST 2004

Quoting Jeff Lasman (blists at nobaloney.net):
> On Monday 26 April 2004 10:22 am, Paul Tomblin wrote:
>
> > BTW:  Are you using some weird text encoding?  All your apostrophes
> > end up like control characters to me.
>
> According to his headers, he's using:

> Using KMail as my MUA, the source show's a little empty checkbox, which
> means it's a control code, but the actual message display successfully
> converts it into an apostrophe.

I think he's using those damn "Microsoft Smart Quotes".  I guess KMail is
translating them, because they're octal 222 which is NOT an apostrophe in
iso-8859-1.

--
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at xcski.com> http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
Flying is the perfect vocation for a man who wants to feel like a boy, but