[Mailman-Users] RE: Footer isn't At the Bottom of the E-mail; It's an Attachment

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Mon Apr 26 19:22:59 CEST 2004

Quoting doug at hyperpiper.com (doug at hyperpiper.com):

> I know this is a dumb question, but I can’t find an answer anywhere. Can you
> please help?
>
> I’ve setup several Mailman lists prefer  there to be an informative footer
> at the bottom of each e-mail. I’ve been successful doing that with some
> lists but on others it shows up as an attachment (and nothing except the
> message is in the e-mail). As far as I can tell there is no difference
> between the lists. I’ve looked at every setting I can find.
>
> Can anyone tell me where the setting is for the text “footer” so that it
> DOESN’T show up as an attachment?

As far as I know, it has nothing to do with the list.  If people send
email that's dual html and plain text, or otherwise mime multipart, then
the bit mailman attaches will be another attachment.  If they send plain
text only, then it will be appended to the text.

BTW:  Are you using some weird text encoding?  All your apostrophes end up
like control characters to me.

--
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at xcski.com> http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
If God meant man to fly, He'd have given him more money.