[Mailman-Users] exporting real name list

Paul Phillips paulp at improving.org
Sun Apr 25 22:46:16 CEST 2004

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004, Todd wrote:

> $ list_members -h | grep -i names
>     --fullnames / -f
>         Include the full names in the output.

Heh, yes, that's exactly what I had expected to find.  I made the classic
rookie error of expecting the man page to be up to date.  The version
installed on my system includes only these options in man list_member:

OPTIONS
       -o file, --output file
              Write output to specified file instead of standard out.

       -r, --regular
              Print just the regular (non-digest) members.

       -d, --digest
              Print just the digest members.

       -p, --preserve
              Output  member  addresses case preserved the way they were added
              to the list.  Otherwise, addresses are printed in all lowercase.

       -h, --help
              Print a small help text and exit

Thanks for the reminder that documentation usually trails embedded help by
some substantial delta.

--
Paul Phillips      | P.H.I.L.L.I.P.S.: Positronic Hydraulic Individual
Caged Spirit       | Limited to Logical Infiltration and Potential Sabotage