[Mailman-Users] line feed issue with subscribeack.txt for one-way list

Jim Tittsler jwt at OnJapan.net
Sat Apr 24 04:43:15 CEST 2004

On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 01:23:30PM -0400, Jon Quiros wrote:
> I've been using mailman for several lists very successfully so far, and
> one of them is a one-way list so I'm using the
> /var/spool/mailman/lists/mchalertlistnamen/subscribeack.txt file for
> welcome messages.
[...]
> but when this welcome message is received by a new subscriber, the end
> of it is all wrapped together, like this:

I think the text files are wrapped by default.  But another of
the defaults is to honor leading whitespace, so you might try
prefixing each of the lines you don't want wrapped with a space.