[Mailman-Users] List not distributing posts

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Thu Apr 22 13:17:33 CEST 2004

Quoting Franco, Ruben (rufranco at utep.edu):
> Listserv seems to have started working again after removing a couple of
> "lock" files from the "mailman/locks" directory.  Did this acutally fix
> the issue or was it coincidental?

No, that's it.  As the message said, qrunner couldn't deliver the mail
because the lock file told it that qrunner was already running.  I had
that problem after every system crash when I was running RedHat 7.x and
Mailman 1.x until I fixed the /etc/rc.d/init.d/mailman script to make sure
those lock files got properly blown away on boot.

Don't ask me exactly what I changed, it was a long time ago.

--
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at xcski.com> http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
"It is a universal truth that the loss of liberty will be charged to