[Mailman-Users] usenet news <-> mailman gateway config question

texas critter - mailman-users texascritter at ditb.net
Tue Apr 20 18:45:57 CEST 2004

peter at phmb.biz wrote:

> Has somebody out there actually got gate_news running properly? If so,
> what goes on in lines 80-85?

I have - at least I'm able to get the newsgroup posts sent to my list and
out to my list members, I'm still working on getting posts to the list to
the newsgroup.

My lines 80-85 have the same thing as yours.  I changed the Mailman cron
job yesterday to remove the comment on the gating news line but it didn't
start really working until 4 am this morning when my cron daemon restarted
automatically (I don't think I restarted it correctly yesterday) and it's
picking up all new posts to the newsgroup right on schedule.

So I am receiving all newsgroup posts at this point, my remaining problem
is getting posts to the list sent to the newsgroup, I need to recheck my
settings and it may be an issue with my newsgroup provider rather than
Mailman.

hth,
texas critter

--