[Mailman-Users] Re: Announce Only

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Sat Apr 17 19:42:34 CEST 2004

Paul Reilly wrote:

> > Sure. But it does not hurt, does it?
> >
>Well people click it, (thinking thats the way to create a new list),
>get an error, and then think it's not working, so call our helpdesk
>saying there's an error. Even though there's not. There's just no way
>to turn off this 'feature' if you don't use it. (except by going backwards
>to an older version of Mailman, or by using another MLM).

      Ah, so what you need it to remove the LINK to the create new list
page.  That's pretty trivial - just edit
/<prefix>/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py .  Find and remove:

If you have the proper authority, you can also <a
href="%(creatorurl)s">create a new mailing list</a>.

      Save, restart, and your life will be so much easier!

<>< Paul