[Mailman-Users] Changing digest Issue #

Paul M. Moriarty pmm at igtc.com
Fri Apr 16 19:54:49 CEST 2004

Paul M. Moriarty writes:
> Hi,
>
> I'm in the process of converting over from mj1 to mm2 for my long-running
> (11+ yrs) lists.  I am hopeful this is my last question for a while. :)
>
> My digests change volume number on an annual basis, but the issue number
> changes with each digest.  I'd like to know if there is some way to start my
> new mm digests with the current issue number (currently in the hundreds for
> both lists).  It looks like I can manually create enough digests to
> increment the number to where I want it, but this seems a very tedious
> process
>
> I've searched the archives and see that this has been asked once before, but
> not answered.
>
> I know how to change the digest number, I'm looking for an easy way to
> change the issue number.

Another crude hack to set issue number.

~mailman/bin/config_list -o tempfile listname

edit tempfile and add:

next_digest_number = nnn  # (where nnn = your next issue number)

~mailman/bin/config_list -i tempfile listname

It will bitch about restoring a non-std value, but it will keep the issue
number you added.

- Paul -