[Mailman-Users] postfix+mailman, part 2

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri Apr 16 13:55:21 CEST 2004

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 07:01:09 +0530 (IST)
Yogesh Subhash Talekar wrote:

> okie .. i think you should:
>
> Add the line /var/lib/mailman/data/aliases to alias_maps and *remove*
> it from virtual_alias_maps.
>
> Just make sure that you run:
> /usr/bin/postmap on var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman
> And
> /usr/sbin/postaliases on /var/lib/mailman/data/aliases
>
> The problem is the user "test-subscribe" should be resolvable locally

Lo Yogesh,

Thanks for writing.  After my post I did some more research and
experimentation, which resulted in /etc/postfix/main.cf having the lines
you suggest, i.e.:

virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual,
               hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman

alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases,
           hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases

Postfix now has a different complaint, i.e

<bogofilter-subscribe at mail.osagesoftware.com>: Command died with status
2:
    "/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman subscribe bogofilter". Command
output: Group
    mismatch error.  Mailman expected the mail wrapper script to be
executed as
    group "mailman", but the system's mail server executed the mail
script as
    group "nogroup".  Try tweaking the mail server to run the script as
group
    "mailman", or re-run configure,  providing the command line option
    `--with-mail-gid=nogroup'.

Checking user and group id's, I have:

[root at nic mail]# ll /usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman
-rwxrwsr-x 1 mailman mailman 6248 Mar 14 16:46
/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman*

[root at nic mail]# grep mailman /etc/passwd /etc/group
/etc/passwd:mailman:x:1200:1200::/home/mailman:/bin/false
/etc/group:mailman:x:1200:

AFAICT, the permissions are set properly.  Do you know how to tweak the
mail server (as suggested by mailman)?

Thanks.

David