[Mailman-Users] Re: Announce Only

Paul Reilly pareilly at tcd.ie
Fri Apr 16 11:50:56 CEST 2004

> There is also an extremely detailed account of how to do this under
> Mailman on the FAQ. Which had the OP read, he would have needed to
> post frequently answered questions to this mailing list.

Should it really take a detailed FAQ entry to explain how to set
a list open or closed? This is such a basic requirement it should be
obvious. It is obvious in other list management software.

> I run an announcements only list and find Mailman to be a breath of fresh
> air to use. If you don't, find another MLM to use, or code your own, and
> stop flaming Mailman.

I'm not flaming the list. I expressed some feedback which could be
used to make Mailman even better. I want to see the best possible
Mailman, and will contribute code if I can. But if the list admin
interface is not intuitive and easy to use, then people are not going
to use Mailman. That's not good.

Paul