[Mailman-Users] Announce Only

Paul Reilly pareilly at tcd.ie
Fri Apr 16 11:39:27 CEST 2004

>> Surely there should be a simple "open" "closed"
>> radio check button under Sender Filters.....
>
> There is. General options, "emergency moderation of all list traffic".

Yes, but that implies an emergency situation.
Having a default closed list isn't an emergency situation.

Overall I think Mailman is fantastic. I have been using it for years, but
recently, it seems that the number of admin options for list admins
is increasingly complex, and even simple tasks like closing a list are
not obvious.

I am deploying Mailman in a non-technical environment, and I can't expect
my list admins to know about python regular expressions etc. They need a
admin interface which is intuitive and easy to use.

> > Also how do you turn off the "Create new List" via webpage ?
> Why should one want to do it?

Because in order for the MTA link up to work, I create my lists
via the command line. If the feature doesn't work for me via the
web, then I'd like the option of turning it off.

Paul