[Mailman-Users] Mailman + Postfix

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu Apr 15 14:15:21 CEST 2004

Greetings,

I'm new to mailman and am having trouble getting it up and running (with
postfix).  I've configured them as best I can, but something's not
right :-<

My mail server has two static addresses -- for my primary domain (called
primary.com below) and the secondary domain (called secondary.org
below).

A message to "test-subscribe at secondary.org" is rejected:

<"|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman subscribe test"@mail.primary.com>:
    unknown user: "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman subscribe test"

/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases contains:

test-subscribe:   "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman subscribe test"

Evidently postfix is using this alias as the userid, rather than piping
the message to mailman.  How do I fix this?

TIA,

David

--
David Relson                   Osage Software Systems, Inc.
relson at osagesoftware.com       Ann Arbor, MI 48103