[Mailman-Users] Re: Exporting

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Tue Apr 13 19:31:19 CEST 2004

John S. Strock wrote:
>I'm moving from one hosting company to another, how can I export my current
>list so that I can import it into mailman on my new server?  I'm currently
>running mailman v2.1.3.

      My experience was from a crash and restore - with a move from 2.1.2
to 2.1.4 in the process.  I tarred the whole Mailman directory, transferred
it, and untarred in to a dummy directory.  I installed Mailman as normal
(new version) and created the Mailman list.  Then I copied
<prefix>mailman/lists/ and <prefix>/mailman/archives from the dummy to the
new install.  Added the aliases, and it all worked perfectly.
      I don't see why you can't just tar and move <prefix>mailman/lists/
and <prefix>/mailman/archives.

<>< Paul