[Mailman-Users] Mailman not respecting settings in mm_cfg.py

Scott Courtney courtney at 4th.com
Mon Apr 12 07:55:31 CEST 2004

Hello!

I've just cut over my email server to a new installation of Exim, which is
running on one IP address while the old Sendmail installation runs on another
IP address (same physical host).

Normal mail works fine, but I need for Mailman to send its outbound mails
exclusively through the new server.

I changed the SMTPHOST and SMTPPORT settings in mm_cfg.py, deleted the .pyc
file (which is then recreated on the next qrunner run), and still I observe
that Mailman insists on using the old server. The setting for DELIVERY_MODULE
is "SMTPDirect" in both Defaults.py and mm_cfg.py.

Is there something else I need to do when updating mm_cfg.py, to get the
changes to be effective? The fact that the mm_cfg.pyc file is being
updated (and "strings mm_cfg.pyc" shows the correct values inside)
suggests that the right directories are being accessed.

All the web-based interfaces and archives work correctly.

I'm running Mailman 2.1.4, just installed from a clean source build.

Thanks!

Scott

--
Scott Courtney         | "I don't mind Microsoft making money. I mind them