[Mailman-Users] Can Moderator change subject line and content?

prodos at prodos.com prodos at prodos.com
Sat Apr 10 06:04:35 CEST 2004

From: Prodos (Melbourne, Australia)

Good afternoon!

In a recent post I wrote:
<http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users%40python.org/msg23680.html>
> YahooGroups lists allow the moderator to alter the subject line
> before sending a post through to the list.
>
> Does Mailman allow this?

After searching the Mailman-Developers list I found this item by "anser"

Title: [ 644129 ] Edit held message header/body  @

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=644129&group_id=103&atid=300103

Excerpt:

     Here is my preliminary (brute force) patch to allow
     full editing of headers and bodies of messages being
     held for approval in Mailman 2.1 (as of beta 5) ....

Unfortunately, being a total newbie to all this stuff, I haven't got a clue
how to apply this variation. Hopefully, I'll learn before the millennium is up.

In the meantime, I'd like to ask if anyone on this list has used the
above patch and if so, how have you found it to work?

Also, could someone tell me what does a "brute force" patch mean?

Thanks for any assistance!

=]:-)

Best Wishes,

PRODOS