[Mailman-Users] Not all mail getting delivered

Ryan Verner xfesty at computeraddictions.com.au
Sat Apr 10 05:47:48 CEST 2004

On 10/04/2004, at 3:11 AM, LuKreme wrote:
> smtpd_hard_error_limit = 20
>
> try increasing that to 30, or 50, or whatever.

Hmm, sure I tried that.  I'll try again, though, thanks.

> (and this question really should have been posted on a postfix list if
> posted at all)

Well, arguable.  What if the MTA I'm sending to wasn't my own; most
administrators won't change something like this in their mail config.
This is something that has to be handled properly by Mailman, and it
seems by the previous email, it can be.

IMHO Mailman needs to understand an error such as "too many RCPT
errors", and on its own, try sending mail in smaller batches.

Again, majordomo handled lots of invalid email addresses fine, but I'm
assuming this is because it sends one email per subscribed address.

Signature space for rent.