[Mailman-Users] Re: [Mailman-Developers] How to remove X-Confirm-Reading requests from mail headers distributed by Mailman?

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Sun Apr 4 13:00:23 CEST 2004

At 10:15 AM +0200 2004/04/04, Thomas Hochstein wrote:

>  |  This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
>  |  it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
>  |  the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at
>  |  your option) any later version.

	Interesting.  At ecartis.org, I find the following:

| Official web site for the Ecartis (formerly Listar) Modular
| Listserver/Mailing List Manager
|
| Welcome to the official homepage for the Ecartis Listserver / Mailing
| List Manager.  Ecartis is a open-source (GNU License) software package
| that administers mailing lists (similar to Majordomo and Listserv).
| Take a look at Ecartis' feature list , and see the advantages it has
| over other similar Listserver packages. (anti-spam hooks, ability to
| strip down MIME messages and remove their attachments, virtual hosts,
| just to name a few).  Go to the download page to give Ecartis a try!

	So, I stand corrected.

	That said, ecartis (formerly Listar) appears to have a much
larger development team than Mailman, and has certainly been around a
lot longer (I remember Listar being a pretty full-featured MLM back
in the late 90s).

	Give Mailman the same kind of development resources, and maybe we
can reasonably hope to take over all their best features, at some
point in the hopefully not-too-distant future.

	Until then, Mailman has had a different development focus than
ecartis, and unless something fairly radical changes, it will
probably always have a different feature set that does not completely
overlap.  You will need to decide which features are most important
to you, and then make your choice of MLM based on that decision.