[Mailman-Users] Do bounces to -owner increment the bounce score?

Dwight A. Ernest dwight at significant.com
Fri Apr 2 16:38:48 CEST 2004

Greetings. I'm trying to debug a list member whose bounce score is 4 out
of a possible max of 5, though the list gets very little traffic (last
posting was March 3), and bounce_info_stale_after is set to 7 days. This
member is also a manager of the list.

Is it possible that bounces to the addresses resolved by traffic to the
-owner addresses also increment the bounce score? I.e., could bouncing
administrivia be contributing to the bounce score for her? E.g., if
there's a posting to listname-owner, and that results in Mailman sending
a message to her because she's one of the owners, and it bounces, does
that increment her bounce score in the same way as if it was a list
message bounce?

The only other possibility is that bounces from one list are being
scored by other lists, and as far as I can tell, this is not possible.

Cheers,
--
Dwight A. Ernest, dwight at significant dot com    GPG key A6999567
Cell: +1-508-523-1416    FAX: +1-978-405-2504    YIM: dwight_ernest