[Mailman-Users] Corrupt config.db (and missing config.db.last)

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Sep 30 20:06:00 CEST 2003

you can use the "strings" utility on the existing (but corrupt) files
and see if there is any valuable ascii information in the sections of
the file that are not corrupt.  Segments of the user list crop up in the
database several times so you might be able to resurrect your list that
way.  Painful, but it can be done.

Since you apparently don't have backups - naughty naughty! - you might
also be able to look in the log files and resurrect your user list that
way.  Look for a message going out to the list, mark down the time, head
over to the MTA logs and look at all the outgoing mail beginning at that
time.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes