[Mailman-Users] WTF?? Mailman subscribe wants a valid email address....

Michael W.Cocke cocke at catherders.com
Tue Sep 23 20:42:51 CEST 2003

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 11:07:55 -0700, you wrote:

>On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 13:32:11 -0400
>"Michael W.Cocke" <cocke at catherders.com> wrote:
>
>> Just installed postfix and the mailman-to-postfix bridge.  I'm
>> trying to subscribe to a mailing list from the web page interface.
>>  Mailman
>> keeps complaining that it wants a valid email address.  IT IS a
>> valid email address.  How do I explain this fact to mailman, in
>> small words?
>>
>> <sigh>
>>
>> Mike-
>>

>Is it actually your MTA which complains to Mailman which then
>complains to you?  I don't use Postfix, so I don't know how it's
>done.  In Sendmail, access to the mail server has to be given, as
>well as the appropriate aliases.  Has the equivalent been done with
>your installation?

I can subscribe (and post and everything else) to mailing lists if I
stick to the email interface...  The web interface seems to be really
messed up somewhere.  I think I'll just pretend it doesn't have a web
interface and leave it alone.  8-)>

Mike-

Mornings:  Evolution in action.  Only the grumpy will survive.

Please note - Due to the intense volume of spam, we have
installed site-wide spam filters at catherders.com.  If
email from you bounces, try non-HTML, non-encoded,
non-attachments.