[Mailman-Users] Mailman & CPanel?

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Tue Sep 23 18:39:34 CEST 2003

Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
> >  Am I correct in assuming that the problem is with the CPanel
> > interface with Mailman
>
>No. All we really know is that Cpanel isn't working on one specific
>ISP. Whether that's CPanel's fault or the ISP's fault, or smoe other
>factor, we don't know, and we shouldn't assume. All we do know is that
>the Mailman crew isn't involved with CPanel, so once CPanel takes
>Mailman builds a tool to support it, we're out of the loop and can't
>really help.

      Okay, let me try again.  I've installed Mailman on Ensim, a
propitiatory chrooted environment similar to CPanel.  I had to basically
avoid Ensim and figure out the nonstandard way they did certain
things.  Can I do the same thing with CPanel?  Has anyone else done it that
way?

      That asked, I'm leaning more and more to getting a plain RedHat box
and doing my Mailman lists from that.  It's probably the wise way to go.

<>< Paul