[Mailman-Users] Automatically reject non-subscriber postings

Abigail Marshall abigail at webfavor.com
Tue Sep 23 07:11:41 CEST 2003

Hello Enno,

Monday, September 22, 2003, 1:58:13 AM, you wrote:

ER> I want to automatically reject non-subscriber postings, to save
ER> administration costs.

ER> There is a patch out somewhere for mailman 2.0 that we used, and I was
ER> hoping that 2.1 might not need to be patched again, but haven't found an
ER> option yet - is there an option to auto-reject?

For 2.1.2

Under Privacy Options/Sender (your
URL/mailman/admin/listname/privacy/sender):

Scroll down to the bottom of the page to these two options:

Action to take for postings from non-members for which no
explicit action is defined.   Either REJECT or DISCARD

Should messages from non-members, which are automatically
discarded, be forwarded to the list moderator?  NO

Hope this helps,

Abigail