[Mailman-Users] Changing the Acknowledgment

Richard Barrett r.barrett at ftel.co.uk
Mon Sep 22 18:51:58 CEST 2003

On Monday, September 22, 2003, at 05:39  pm, Simon Judge wrote:

> Thanks John - I'll try upgrading then...
>
> (-:
>
> Simon

Just a couple of points to watch;

1. There is a bug in MM 2.1.2 which can foul up the handling of the the
template hierarchy, particularly if you have list specific templates.
The fix is in the MM CVS (which why the bug report and fix are shown as
being closed) and should appear in MM 2.1.3. But until it does you can
get and apply the following patch to the MM 2.1.2 source, before you
configure and install, to correct the problem:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/
index.php?func=detail&aid=730769&group_id=103&atid=100103

2. Because the MM 2.1.2 qrunners are daemons and not cron jobs (as in
2.0.13) you may have to restart them using the mailmanctl program that
comes with MM 2.1.2. This is because, for performance reasons, the
templates are cached within the qrunners when they are first used and
once cached for any given list they are not reloaded; hence, changes to
the templates on disk may pass unnoticed by the qrunner and any changes
you make may appear to be ignored.