[Mailman-Users] Changing the Acknowledgment

John DeCarlo jdecarlo at mitre.org
Mon Sep 22 18:29:36 CEST 2003

Simon,

1.  The FAQ applies to Mailman 2.1.x, you say you are using 2.0.13.

2.  I think for 2.0.13 you can only make changes globally, by editing
the files in <mailman-dir>/templates/en.

3.  Just in case it helps, the FAQ is a little unclear, let me quote:

   In Mailman 2.1.x you can customize the welcome message.  Create
   a directory lists/<yourlist>/en (assuming English :) and copy
   templates/subscribeack.txt to this directory.  Then edit this file
   for your specific wording.  Mailman will use this specialized
   template for the English welcome messages.

The directory <mailman-dir>/lists/<yourlist> should already exist.  You
are creating a new subdirectory for your language, presumably "en".

Then any files that you copied from <mailman-dir>/templates/en to
<mailman-dir>/lists/<your-list>/en and edited, should affect the
behavior of that list.

--

John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own