[Mailman-Users] FW: HTML email problem

John DeCarlo jdecarlo at mitre.org
Mon Sep 22 17:57:32 CEST 2003

David,

Your Mailman settings seem correct for not stripping out HTML.

Have you confirmed that other users on your Debian machine get the HTML
mail correctly (your statement isn't clear on this)?  I suspect
something else besides Mailman is involved.

Also, you might want to check the aliases for Mailman within qmail.
There could be a preprocessing filter in there.

David Wilson wrote:

> Dear Mailman Users,
>
> I have setup mailman on a Debian woody machine with qmail.  Everything
> seems to be working correctly except for a few small details.  The main
> issue I am having right now is detailed below.  The user is attempting
> to send an HTML formatted email to the list.  The received email looks
> nothing like the sent item, It looks like the HTML has been striped.
> This puzzles me because it looks like the command it uses to strip is
> lynx -dump, and lynx is not installed on the machine. I have verified
> that the original message is viewable as an html message when not sent
> through mailman.
> How do I make HTML email arrive intact?

John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own