[Mailman-Users] Bug in Mailman version 2.1.2

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sun Sep 21 04:02:55 CEST 2003

You tried to create an alias but either the rights were not setup
properly for accessing the file /var/mailman/data/aliases or your mta is
not Postfix.

As a general rule, you should run /var/mailman/bin/check_perms - though
this file does not always catch the proper rights necessary to for the
/var/mailman/data/aliases file.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes

BTW: if you search the archives you will find a lot of discussion of
this error and it's solution in detail.