[Mailman-Users] Digging deeper into Python

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Fri Sep 19 20:13:51 CEST 2003

At 07:09 AM 9/19/2003, you wrote:
>* Paul H Byerly <paul at thcwd.com> [20030919 07:43]: wrote:
> >
> >      Follow up on my last post.  I went to MailList.py and added a new
> > function to give me the URL with the trailing slash.  Now all is good.
> >
> > Paul, who is going to have to find time to actually LEARN Python
>
>Paul, could you please send me a diff?

      Go to to MailList.py, back it up, then pico -w and search for
GetScriptURL.  Paste the following code in below that function:

     def GetScriptTwoURL(self, scriptname, absolute=0):
     return Utils.ScriptURL(scriptname, self.web_page_url, absolute) + \
     '/' + self.internal_name() + '/'

      Then go to listinfo.py, back it up, and pico -w.  Search for the two
entries of colspan=2 and changed to colspan=3.  Then search for
GetScriptURL and add the middle line in what is below:

                 [Link(mlist.GetScriptURL('listinfo'), Bold(mlist.real_name)),
                 Link(mlist.GetScriptTwoURL('private'), Bold(mlist.real_name)),
                  mlist.description or Italic(_('[no description
available]'))])

      Restart mailman and you should have direct links to the archives in
the list of lists page.  Edit the table headers and explanatory text to
your tastes.  You can see mine at
<http://svr01.thcwd.com/mailman/listinfo>.  You can also join the mm-p-f-a
list to see my beta 2.1 of a system to allow posting from the archives with
a verified e-mail address as sender.

<>< Paul

<>< Paul