[Mailman-Users] mailman 2.1.1 not taking actions (subscribe)

Todd Green tag at cs.utah.edu
Tue Sep 16 18:42:02 CEST 2003

Thanks for the suggestion Jon.  I double checked and we only have one
install of mailman.  I also looked through the aliases file and they all
point to the same place (e.g:

mailman:             "|/usr/local/pkgs/mailman-2.1.1/mail/mailman post
mailman"

Cron jobs look good as well.  Some other notes, we have the web server on
another host and share the mailman dirs via NFS (stored on Netapp filers)

Since it is over NFS I've changed the perms to not have other rwx perms
(i.e. everything is mode 2770).  However all the processes run as
mailman:mailman so they should have rights to the files.  (Also I'd expect
it to never work or always work if it was a perms problem.)

Does anyone know what files other than list/<list>/* get examined/modified
during a subscription?  *something* has to be different between when a list
is working and not working.

Of course dumpdb might not be picking something up, and/or the *.py scripts
might not be checking all the necessary error codes.  Otherwise I can't see
how it'd send out a welcome notice to the list if a user wasn't really
subscribed.

Thanks again for the help,
Todd