[Mailman-Users] Using VERP to avoid sobig bounces?

JC Dill mailman at vo.cnchost.com
Fri Sep 12 16:16:00 CEST 2003

At 02:17 AM 9/10/2003, you wrote:
>If we turn on VERP, how is mail to the unqualified -bounces@
>address processed? Is it ignored?
>
>At the moment we are frequently getting subscriptions disabled
>on the webdav.org lists (which don't use VERP) by stray SoBig
>bounces using a real subscriber as the return address and
>-bounces@ as the recipient.

If you are having a problem with spam-bounces causing subscriptions to be
disabled, you can work-around/solve the false-disabling-problem by changing
your list's parameters for automatic subscription disabling to a higher
number of bounces.  It will mean that your list will email real disabled
addresses a few more times before they are finally automatically disabled,
but in most cases that's not a big concern.

jc