[Mailman-Users] mailman 2.1.2 not sending mail

Michael W. Cocke cocke at catherders.com
Fri Sep 12 14:14:00 CEST 2003

using redhat 9, sendmail 8.12.8, mailman 2.1.2

I can access the web interface, send messages to mailman at domain and
not receive any error replies.  What I cannot do is get any mail from
mailman.  If I subscribe to a list, I don't receive the confirmation
message.  If I send a message to mailman at domain.com, body containing
help (or anything else), no reply.  As near as I can tell, the correct
entries are in my alias file.  The mailman service appears to be
running.

Looking at the maillog, it seems that incoming messages are being
passed to /usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman successfully.  but nothing
is ever sent.

I am running mimedefang and spamassassin on my mail server, but
looking at the logs, they aren't killing the messages...  I suppose
they might be interfering somehow, but I don't see how. (obviously).

I've been beating on this thing for 2 days now, up to and including
completely removing mailman and reinstalling from scratch.  I'm
stumped.  Any ideas?

Mike-

Mornings:  Evolution in action.  Only the grumpy will survive.

Please note - Due to the intense volume of spam, we have
installed site-wide spam filters at catherders.com.  If
email from you bounces, try non-HTML, non-encoded,
non-attachments.