[Mailman-Users] Member count

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Fri Sep 12 06:12:43 CEST 2003

      It was suggested to me it would be nice to show the number of members
on the listinfo page.  Getting that number was easy - I just created this
cron job:

$prefix /mailman/bin/list_members  <listname> | wc -l >
....../var/www/html/mmcount/<listname>.html

      The hard part was finding a way to display it on the page that both
IE and Netscape would do the same way (Netscape was better on this
one)  Finally added this code on my list info page:

Members =
<IFRAME src="http://www.thcwd.com/mmcount/<listname>.html" align="middle"
marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" width="40" height="19" scrolling="auto"
frameborder="1">
error
</IFRAME>

      Next to play with a message count.

<>< Paul    Linux server like wigwam - no windows, no gates, apache inside.