[Mailman-Users] 2.1.2 works perfectly for me on a Cobalt RAQ 550r

angusf at mac.com angusf at mac.com
Wed Sep 10 10:10:38 CEST 2003

Ive been on the list for 6 months having installed 2.1.2 for my 260
strong mail list which needed more functionality than the built in
majordomo on the RAQ could deliver.

My installation was from source on a Cobalt RAQ 550r. I found I needed
a few prerequisite packages, and they all built from source easily, and
I needed to be careful with my placement of the icon files to show up
the mailman icons properly. I followed the documentation for apache
settings and mail settings for sendmail. Most of my issues were
unfamiliarity with this software. Once I set it up right it just worked
and has been working online with no downtime ever since. I didnt find
the RAQs peculiar environment to be problematic. It just required me to
be painstaking and careful testing each step along the way. The RAQ
admin gui has never interfered with my settings for mailman.

I just wanted to say thanks and I'll be off the user list now but
please shout directly if theres something I can help with..

Angus