[Mailman-Users] mail to list owner discarded

Timo Proescholdt proescho at informatik.uni-muenchen.de
Tue Sep 9 13:58:21 CEST 2003

hi,

i successfully set up mailman and created a test list.
Playing arround with approval of list joining requests, i noticed that the
immediate approval request mails to the list owner,moderator get discarded.

immediate_notification ist set to true.

I can see the logfile entry saying the the mail is discarded in vette, but no
reason.

I can reproduce the by sending a mail directly to list-owner, or by running the
nightly "pending requet reminder" cron job.

The content filtering options are diabeld, the testmail to list-owner is a
simpe plain text mail.

Mails to test list, subscription request mails and so on are delivered and send
without problems.

I installed mailman 2.1.2, self-built debian package with some changed configure
options (different cgi wrapper user and group ).

I tried to track down the problem in the python code, but things got too much
into the depth of the programm.

thanks very much
--
Timo