[Mailman-Users] how to change mailman icons

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Sep 8 20:39:54 CEST 2003

Wow!  What a load of crap just to send a one line question...

On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 13:14, Nils Puhlmann wrote:
> ­
> ¨(£×@westbay.net
>
> Nils Puhlmann <npuhlmann at westbay.net>
>
> - Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP),
> Certified Novell Instructor (CNI), Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT),
> Netscape/Iplanet Solution Expert, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA),
> Check Point Certified Security Engineer (CCSE Firewall-1) -

> The information in this email and in any attachments is confidential and
> intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). This
> information may be subject to legal, professional or other privilege or may
> otherwise be protected by work product immunity or other legal rules. It
> must not be disclosed to any person without our authority.
> If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for
> delivering it to the intended recipient, you are not authorized to and must
> not disclose, copy, distribute, or retain this message or any part of it.

You can do a:
  locate mailman.jpg

to find where the icons are stored on your system.  On mine they are
mixed in with all the icons for apache:
  /var/www/icons/

Create your own icon and name it mailman.jpg then copy it over the
existing.

Otherwise, you can take the following bit from
~mailman/Mailman/Defaults.py and put it into mm_cfg.py (then edit it):

  # Should image logos be used?  Set this to 0 to disable
  # image logos from "our sponsors" and just use textual
  # links instead (this will also disable the shortcut
  # "favicon").  Otherwise, this should contain the URL
  # base path to the logo images (and must contain the
  # trailing slash)..  If you want to disable Mailman's
  # logo footer altogther, hack
  #     Mailman/htmlformat.py:MailmanLogo()
  # which also contains the hardcoded links and image names.
  IMAGE_LOGOS = '/icons/'

  # The name of the Mailman favicon
  SHORTCUT_ICON = 'mm-icon.png'

  # Don't change MAILMAN_URL, unless you want to point it
  # at one of the mirrors.
  MAILMAN_URL = 'http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/index.html'
  #MAILMAN_URL = 'http://www.list.org/'
  #MAILMAN_URL = 'http://mailman.sf.net/'

The observant among us will also notice that it points you to a local
file which you can feel free to hack as well.

Good luck - Jon Carnes